Skip to Main Content

Tax and Land Information Website

print small medium large 


Fuel Tax Exemption

Persons engaged in operations set out in the Gasoline Tax Act and Regulations are eligible to receive a Marked Gasoline and Marked Diesel Oil Permit. Persons involved in the following operations are eligible:

    • Aquaculture

    • Farming

    • Fishing


Other Operations:

The following operations are also eligible for Marked Gasoline and Marked Diesel Oil Permits:

    • Sawmill(s)

    • Rink(s) owned or operated by a municipality or non-profit organization

    • Plant(s) that produce fertilizer, lime or feed grains

    • Golf courses

    • Ski-tows

    • Custom potato grading operations

    • Snowmobile trail grooming operations

    • Manufacturing or industrial operations (stationary equipment only)

    • Boating operations that provide water tours

    • Boats used for the piloting of ships

    • Equipment used in peat moss operations

The permit provides point of sale tax exemptions on gasoline and diesel oil, and refund of tax on gasoline.

Applicants for a Marked Fuel Permit have the option of either supplying a Declaration of Income for Marked Gasoline and/or Marked Diesel Oil Permits form or proof of income from the sale of industry relevant products, with their application a Marked Fuel Permit.

The prescribed issuance fee for the Marked Gasoline and Marked Diesel Oil Permits is $10.

Please note:
This page is prepared for information purposes only, and should not be considered a substitute for the applicable statutes. Should there be any conflict between the contents of this page and the statutes, the statutes shall prevail.



Application Forms

Service Location

Shaw Building

back to top